Build number being ignored in Xcode 12.4

Hi, I've got Xcode 12.4 on a newish MacBook. Usually when I build an app, under Targets -> (app name) -> General, there are fields for the Version and the Build. On previous versions of Xcode I would fill these out e.g. Version 4.4 and Build 1. When I archive the build for distribution to the App Store, the build would show up in the Organizer as '4.4 (1)'.

However, when I try it on this machine, the Build number seems to be ignored and the Organizer shows the build as '4.4 (4.4)' both there and on the App Store (where I uploaded it before I noticed this).

Where do I need to specify the Build number in this version of Xcode, or am I missing some config somewhere that is causing the number to be ignored?

Replies

Do you mean Xcode 12.4 or 14.2 ?

Build number must effectively be here: App > Targets > General > Current project version

Marketing version contains the customer facing version number.

As you know, build numbers must be incremented over each archive (lexicographic order). Did you did so ?

I checked for an app built with 14.2 (name of app is hidden):

In Archive:

In AppStore Connect:

They match.

Sorry, I meant 14.2 (now 14.3). Yes, I increment the build number but it doesn't even seem to come through in the Organiser.

Yes, under Targets > General > Identity I see

When I do Product > Archive I the Organiser used to show 4.4 (1) - the Version and Build number shown above.

However since the upgrade the Organiser now shows