Watch app Optimize performance & Launch time

I'm trying to ensure my watch app launches as quickly as possible. I'm using the @WKApplicationDelegateAdaptor because of needing to implement the BackgroundRefresh handlers. What I'm finding is that the time between the app calling the main init() and then the ExtensionDelegate calling applicationDidFinishLaunching is often > 2 seconds.

I've tried using Instruments to profile the App launch but have never had any luck with the tool on a watch app.

So I then created a blank project just with the elements needed to implement the same WKApplicationDelegateAdaptor and oslog calls, performance was the same... This is tested on WatchOS 9.5 & 9.5. This is on a Series 6 and Series 8 Apple Watch (FYI S6 == S7 == S8 for Apple Watch CPU performance) Interestingly, on the simulator, the time gap was less, more like 1 second between main init() and applicationDidFinishLaunching.... not sure why this would be this way.

Anyway, for real world device usage, is this the best performance I can expect? Is there anything that can be done to improve this?