Does Apple Store Server Notification(Sandbox ENV) have delay transmitting?

Hi all, currently we are doing integration test with InApp purchase with Apple Store Server Notification. We received the transaction 30sec later after the successful purchase. Is this because we are on Sandbox Env? Will this be realtime on production?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ronjoy Down vote post of ronjoy
  • @ronjoy did you go ahead on to production? Did you notice any difference? Was it near realtime?

Add a Comment

Replies

In general, for a variety of reasons, you should not rely on App Store Server Notifications arriving to your server in realtime. While we don't target specific latencies, we generally work to send notifications within a few seconds of the underlying event occurring, for most cases.

If scenarios where it’s 30sec after the event is an issue, please share more details on the scenario and the what problem you need addressed.

• based on the documentation of AppleStore Server Notification it will notify our server in real time, Our assumption is the notification will be received in few seconds. Whilst there is an assumed delay on the sandbox environment, do we also expect the same latency rate on production ones?

Add a Comment

I am trying to figure this out as well. My scenario is that I want to use the App Store Server Notifications as the definitive source for determining whether a user is subscribed to our service. Therefore, after they subscribe, it would be nice if the server notification happened in real time as stated, so that their status changes to subscribed on the server as soon as possible. Otherwise there will be a 30 second delay between the user subscribing, and the server knowing that the user has subscribed. But maybe this isn't how these server notifications are supposed to be used?

• I am also experiencing the same problem moving forward with backend notifications. I wanted to use our backend as the source of truth but this random delay is making this impossible. Sometimes it may take up to 30 seconds to set a subscription as active in our backend, other times up to two minutes when i cancel and resubscribe.

Is this only affecting sandbox environment or it would be behave the same way on production?

• @borjasaez did you go ahead on to production? Did you notice any difference? Was it near realtime?

Add a Comment