Xcode Automatically Managing Signing Yet Invalid Profile

I have used Xcode for app signing since its inception. Before that, I managed signing like everybody else did - manually. Today I uploaded the iOS version of my app fine, but when I tried to upload the macOS version, I got the following.

Invalid Provisioning Profile Signature. The provisioning profile included in the bundle com.blablabla.BlaBla [com.blablaba.BlaBla.pkg/Payload/BlaBla.app] cannot be used to submit apps to the Mac App Store until it has a valid signature from Apple. For more information, visit the macOS Developer Portal.

This is the first time that I've gotten this error. I am probably missing something simple. At least, I hope that I am. Can anybody help me? I am using Xcode 14.3.

Accepted Reply

Same here. I looked through the profiles in ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles but none of them seemed to be expired. Regardless, I quit Xcode, deleted the entire folder, relaunched Xcode, and the problem seems to be fixed now.

• Well done! That fixed my problem as well. I am marking this complete.

• Yes! Thank you...

Add a Comment

Replies

I have an identical issue today with the MacOS app.

Same here. I looked through the profiles in ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles but none of them seemed to be expired. Regardless, I quit Xcode, deleted the entire folder, relaunched Xcode, and the problem seems to be fixed now.

• Well done! That fixed my problem as well. I am marking this complete.

• Yes! Thank you...

Add a Comment

Same issue; Have been uploading two separate iOS + Catalyst builds weekly/monthly for a long time; MacCatalyst upload stopped working two days ago with same "Invalid Provisioning Profile Signature" whilst iOS keeps working fine. All certs/profiles seem OK (not expired) and in place. Will try deleting that folder mentioned above!

• Follow-up: Deleting that folder worked perfectly; thank you!

Add a Comment