Cannot Add Additional Exported Type Identifier Properties

I am attempting to add an exported type identifier for a file type my app will be using. However, in Xcode 14.3, I am trying to add additional properties, the "Click here to additional exported type identifier properties" zone does nothing. I also cannot find a way to remove any type identifiers if I accidentally add too many. There is only a plus button, no minus button. What step am I missing here?

Accepted Reply

Yeah, that’s really broken )-: Please file both of these issues as bugs against Xcode. I’d appreciate you posting your bug numbers here, just for the record

In the meantime, you can work around this by editing your Info.plist directly. When you add the first entry, Xcode adds a UTExportedTypeDeclarations property to your Info.plist (creating that file if you don’t already have it). Select that Info.plist on the left and then use the property list editor to add, configure, and remove items as you see fit.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

Yeah, that’s really broken )-: Please file both of these issues as bugs against Xcode. I’d appreciate you posting your bug numbers here, just for the record

In the meantime, you can work around this by editing your Info.plist directly. When you add the first entry, Xcode adds a UTExportedTypeDeclarations property to your Info.plist (creating that file if you don’t already have it). Select that Info.plist on the left and then use the property list editor to add, configure, and remove items as you see fit.

Share and Enjoy

Here are the bug numbers: FB12148637 and FB12148636

Could you provide a link to the documentation for how to format the Info.plist for these declarations? For the record if someone comes looking for answers while the bug is being patched? Also, I cannot find my custom file type inside of my documents file inspector pane. Only the apple defined file extensions exist there. The behavior used to be in previous versions that an exported type identifier could be assigned directly to a document in the file inspector, but it seems like that behavior was replaced by this new panel in the target info page in the package. Maybe the absence of the ability to select the type identifier is a bug as well...

Here are the bug numbers: FB12148637 and FB12148636

Thanks.

Could you provide a link to the documentation for how to format the Info.plist for these declarations?

Start here.

Share and Enjoy