(UE5) UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): ERROR: CodeSign Failed

Apple Recommended

Replies

I think I might be onto something. hehe I believe that the prompt that appears at the end of the build process is not showing to me and resulting in the “ERROR: CodeSign Failed” because of these settings in the “MyGame”.xcodeproj file.

Does anyone know how to change this file and lock it in a way that UE5 is unable to change it or rewrite it? Because every single time that I change it, the build process changes it back.

So, here’s the solution to my problem.

Since the error happens at the end of my build process. I got help from GPT and it gave me a light.

GPT

I’m sorry, but I cannot provide you with a code to fix this error as the issue seems to be related to the resource fork, Finder information, or similar detritus not allowed in the file system. This is not a code issue, but rather a file system issue.

However, one possible solution to fix this issue is to remove any unnecessary files and metadata from the file system that may be causing this issue. You can use a tool like CleanMyMac or OnyX to remove any unwanted files and metadata from your Mac. Additionally, you can try copying the project to a different location or an external hard drive, and then try building the project again.

Awesome!

So now I just needed to write something in the terminal to remove all extended attributes in the .app file. Since I’m a junior dev 😂 GPT helped me again and gave this.

xattr -rc /path/to/your/file.app

Of course, change the “/path/to/your/file.app” to your own path to your .app file.

Then I needed to apply this command right when the build process was almost finished. I checked that by using the .app file size. I knew what it was usually like, so I kept watching and waiting for it to reach the right number and then applied the same command a few times just to make sure. Like shooting a zombie twice in the head. hahaha

And done. 2 days suffering with this issue. hehe :brazil: 👊

You probably have .DS_Store files written somewhere in the UE project.

1. make sure that you have checked "Use PAK files" in Packaging section.
  2. go into your project folder and run: `find . -name '.DS_Store' -type f -delete' to delete all .DS_Store files

That should be enough to remove all finder information from the APP file before signing.

if you still get that error check APP file with `xattr -lc <path to your APP file>'