getting - cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

from some reason after some time my application dmg was signed and worked perfectly fine i started to get "cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." when clicking on the application after it was installed. when running the signing process i get Current status: Accepted...............Processing complete when checking the Submission ID received at apple it also showed approved what other issues might it be?

Replies

You’re being blocked by Gatekeeper. I have general advice about this in various posts linked from Resolving Trusted Execution Problems.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks , i was reading it but i still don't get it i run all tools against apply and they mentioned that it's approved spctl -a -t open -vvv --context context:primary-signature XXXXX-YYYYY-0.2.648.dmg XXXXX-YYYYY-0.2.648.dmg: accepted source=Notarized Developer ID origin=Developer ID Application: xyz Technologies Ltd (XXXX) my point is that it looks all is fine and still i get when opening the dmg

“XXXXX-YYYYY” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

As I mentioned in Testing a Notarised Product, spctl is not a good way to determine if your product will pass Gatekeeper. Resolving Trusted Execution Problems has all of my general advice on resolving Gatekeeper problems. If you can’t figure it out from that, I recommend that you open a DTS tech support incident so that I can look at your issue in detail.

ps The vast bulk of such problems are caused by folks disabling library validation when they shouldn’t be. See Resolving Gatekeeper Problems Caused by Dangling Load Command Paths.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

ok i opened a ticket in DTS can't fund a reason and reviewed the documentation

Thanks for the info i was able to reproduce issue. The issue was related to a package of PySide6 while using third party installer called beeware i used as soon as i increased the version it resolved the issue