LLDB plugin fails to load on new XCode - apparent library validation issues

The .NET Runtime has shipped an lldb extension that looks to extend LLDB functionality to be able to reason about .NET managed code. This has been working for a long time, but now it fails to load with the error error: this file does not represent a loadable dylib. Loading works if I use a self-compiled version of LLDB. I can't really debug XCode's LLDB, but there are some logs that seemed to hint it was signing checks failing for library validation, but neither Developer nor Application signing would satisfy these. LLDB resides within the XCode bundle at /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/lldb. codesign confirms that the bundle enforces library validation. Is there any way to confirm this is the issue? It looks like:

Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/*/libsosplugin.dylib' (Team ID: none, platform: no) for process 'lldb(77691)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapped file has no Team ID and is not a platform binary (signed with custom identity or adhoc?)

and

Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/*/libsosplugin.dylib' (Team ID: UBF8T346G9, platform: no) for process 'lldb(77691)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

If that's the issue, what's the suggested way forward to have loadable lldb plugins? If not, what's the recommended way to diagnose this? lldb logging is verbose, but doesn't provide any information around this.

Replies

The .NET Runtime has shipped an lldb extension

Are you working on that? Or just trying to use that?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I am part of the maintainer team - we notices that it regressed while this has worked for a while.

I am part of the maintainer team

OK, cool.

At a minimum, you should file a bug about this. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

If you’d like someone to see if there’s something that you can do about this immediately, I recommend that you open a DTS tech support incident so that I, or perhaps one of my colleagues, can allocate the time to look at it properly.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks Quinn. I've filed this under FB12190399

Add a Comment