How to submit a reply?

As you can see, I’m able to write here. But it seems, I can’t reply. Symptom: I wanted to add an additional piece of text to one of my posts here. I can write it. But if I click on “submit”, nothing happens. The button keeps coming up and that’s all.

Accepted Reply

Now I can do replies. Don’t know, why, but … solved!

Replies

If you posted your text more than an hour ago, you cannot edit any more.

I just added this comment then clicked "Update" at top right.

That’s not the problem. I didn’t want to modify the old text. I wanted to “answer” myself. Because I got some information, belonging to the old contents. And that doesn’t work.

──── Result of an “experiment”: here I can modify my post at least!

Now I can do replies. Don’t know, why, but … solved!

They do come back: “Submit” is now the same as „select all“. If I can submit sth. here? Who knows!

Tested: here submit does submit. D…!

here submit does submit

So presumably it’s failing elsewhere? Can you post a link to a thread where it’s failing?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I don’t know what’s wrong. Now I could append one reply: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/729793 But: I wanted to edit it (make it looking a bit better): same thing: I can do the edit, but it doesn’t get updated here. Hitting the button gives one or zwo seconds of pause, then there is the “edit or update me” display again there.

Thanks for that.

I tried posting to that thread and it worked as expected. Clearly something weird is going on here.

Are you able to reproduce the problem in a private browsing window? The reason I asked is that it’s possible that something is cached on your machine that’s causing the issue, and a private browsing window is a non-destructive way to get around that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I don’t think so. Because it happens after weeks where I’ve not been here. And it happened at the first try to write here. Then, after some time, it works. I can do one post. But then I can’t edit it: same symptoms: after nor replay no edit. But here, this thread, I can.

Additional: now, after a few seconds, I try to edit here … If you see this paragraph: working.