Ports 1080, 1083, and 8021 are open on my iPhone and iPad

Hello, (Back story~) for the past few months, I’ve been dealing with a lot of reoccurring issues regarding losing connection to my Wi-Fi, applications running strangely or appearing as an older version of itself, as well disturbances in my cellular data service. I have both my Internet service and my cell service with Xfinity, so I naturally began by talking with one of their support agents. However, this led to no resolution as the agent reported back that everything seemed fine from their back-end console. I wasnt satisfied with that resolution so I began doing my own digging beginning with my home network and router.

(Observed Irregularities) Using nmap I received a list of unfamiliar processes that were present on a number of my devices. Of them were both my i-devices showing 3 open ports:

Port 1080: Socks Details: SOCKS is an Internet protocol that exchanges network packets between a client and server through a proxy server. SOCKS5 optionally provides authentication, so only authorized users may access a server. Practically, a SOCKS server proxies TCP connections to an arbitrary IP address, and provides a means for UDP packets to be forwarded. SOCKS performs at Layer 5 of the OSI model

Port 1083: ansoft-lm-1 (Anasoft License Manager) Details: UDP port 1083 uses the Datagram Protocol, a communications protocol for the Internet network layer, transport layer, and session layer. This protocol when used over PORT 1083 makes possible the transmission of a datagram message from one computer to an application running in another computer. Since UDP is connectionless, it’s up to the application that received the message on Port 1083 to process any errors and verify correct delivery.

Port 8021: intu-ec-client (Intuit Entitlement Client) Details: Turns out there is this native launch service com.apple. ftp-proxy.plist living at /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.ftp-proxy.plist that fires /us/libexec/ftp-proxy (https://github.com/drduh/macOS-Security-and-Privacy- Guide/blob/master/launchd/15B42 launchd.cs#L94) which apparently binds to TCP port 8021.

(Question/Concern) From my understanding, you close an open port by killing the process that currently resides in it. On iPhones the only way to stop a current service provided from an application, is to force quit it from app switcher. But these 3 processes do not appear to be linked to any one application nor is there a provided terminal shell on iPhones to feed it the proper commands to kill the processes. So how do I go about closing them and securing my i-devices?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Pinky22 Down vote post of Pinky22
1.5k views

Replies

Hi, have the same situation. Does anybody have an answer?