xcodebuild command line fails without error code

For the following build command:

xcodebuild -scheme "my-app" -skipPackagePluginValidation -destination "platform=iOS Simulator,name=iPhone 14" -sdk "iphonesimulator" IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=16.4 -verbose clean build

I am getting the following build failed error:

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
        SwiftCompile normal x86_64 Compiling\ CursorInfo+Parsing.swift,\ Dictionary+Merge.swift,\ Documentation.swift,\ Exec.swift,\ File+Hashable.swift /Users/localuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/my-app-bsbypltlaczdjfaivhtmmjutxmzf/SourcePackages/checkouts/SourceKitten/Source/SourceKittenFramework/CursorInfo+Parsing.swift /Users/localuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/my-app-bsbypltlaczdjfaivhtmmjutxmzf/SourcePackages/checkouts/SourceKitten/Source/SourceKittenFramework/Dictionary+Merge.swift /Users/localuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/my-app-bsbypltlaczdjfaivhtmmjutxmzf/SourcePackages/checkouts/SourceKitten/Source/SourceKittenFramework/Documentation.swift /Users/localuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/my-app-bsbypltlaczdjfaivhtmmjutxmzf/SourcePackages/checkouts/SourceKitten/Source/SourceKittenFramework/Exec.swift /Users/localuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/my-app-bsbypltlaczdjfaivhtmmjutxmzf/SourcePackages/checkouts/SourceKitten/Source/SourceKittenFramework/File+Hashable.swift (in target 'SourceKittenFramework' from project 'SourceKitten')
        SwiftCompile normal x86_64 /Users/localuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/my-app-bsbypltlaczdjfaivhtmmjutxmzf/SourcePackages/checkouts/SourceKitten/Source/SourceKittenFramework/Exec.swift (in target 'SourceKittenFramework' from project 'SourceKitten')

Building the app with Xcode for the simulator works fine. Anyone an idea what's the issue here?

• Maybe its worth to mention that I am on a M1 Macbook.

Add a Comment