Game rejected for guideline 4.2.3

Hello.

My game recently got rejected because the reviewer thinks that my game downloads addition resouces at lanuch, and he claims I need to disclose the download size. But my game does not download anything at all.

The thing is, my game does unpack compressed assets at the first lanuch, and it may indeed take a while(10-15 seconds), so my game displays a progress bar while doing so.

I have explained this behavior multiple times to the reviewer but he doesn't seem to listen at all.

I read somewhere that removing the progress bar can make Apple approve the app. eh..the problems is the progress bar? I mean, seriously?

So My question simplely is, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

Have you tried “disclosing the downloaded uncompressed data size” in the app description?

• Thanks for your comment! What do you mean by "uncompressed data size" and "in the app description" ? Did you mean I should show the total uncompressed assets size along with the progress bar? although I'm not sure how "uncompressed data size" matters here. If the reviewer still ignores my explanation, i will add a "disclosing the compressed asset size" UI in my next build. That is my plan for now.

Add a Comment

Hi, endecotp, I added a comment to your reply, but when i refreshed the page it was gone, not sure what happened. so I will just reply to the thread instead.

What do you mean by "uncompressed data size" and "in the app description"? I'm planning to add a UI to "disclose the compressed data size" in my next build if the reviewer still ignores my explanation, if that is what you meant. not sure how uncompressed matters though.

If you disagree with the outcome of our review, you may consider submitting an appeal to the App Review Board.

When filing your appeal, make sure to:

• Provide specific reasons why you believe your app complies with the App Store Review Guidelines.
  • Submit only one appeal per rejection.
  • Respond to any requests for additional information before submitting an appeal.

The App Review Board will contact you directly as soon as they've completed their investigation.

• Thanks. I may just do that since the review just gave me the same reply after I tried to explain again.

Add a Comment

What do you mean by "uncompressed data size"

The size of that data which you say the app unpacks on first use - once it is unpacked.

and "in the app description"?

The app description that you provide in App Store Connect, which is shown (truncated) in the App Store.

• Thanks for the clarification! But could you tell me why that will solve the issue here? I have not seen anything suggesting that the app description is the problem when searching through similar rejection cases.

Add a Comment