Motorized dock hardware for DockKit?

I'd love to play around with DockKit, but I didn't see anything mentioned about hardware. I'm assuming Apple isn't releasing their own motorized dock and haven't seen anything about how to get hardware recognized by the accessory manager.

I'd like to prototype a dock myself using esp32 and some stepper motors. I've already got this working with bluetooth communication from iOS via CoreBluetooth, but I don't know if there's specific service and characteristic UUIDs that the system is looking for to say it's compatible with DockKit?

Would really love to start playing with this, anyone got any insights on how to get up and running?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of wilkinnh Down vote post of wilkinnh
1.6k views

Replies

Yeah I've also been looking into this but can't see any kind of available hardware that works with it

Any updates here? Still looking for hardware that is compatible with the API. Ideally one that is already built

Any update to this? would be interested in getting a hardware dock to work with the accessory manager

There is any update on this? I want to learn how to use it. There is any workaround to use even a simulated dock?

Hey hey, there’s been some news on this front: Belkin just announced their Auto-Tracking Stand Pro.

https://www.belkin.com/auto-tracking-stand-pro-with-dockkit/P-MMA008.html

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I am looking for hardware specs open so that makers can build one. the Belkin model seems too bulky.