Xcode (14 & 15 beta) not responding when creating a new project

I'm trying to use the Xcode 15.0 beta on macOS 13.4 (22F66) on a MacBook Pro 16" (2019) but whenever I try to start a new project, Xcode becomes unresponsive – seemingly indefinitely. In Activity Monitor I see "Open and Save Panel Service (Xcode) (Not Responding)":

Even if I try to use Xcode 14.3.1 now I get the same problem. I've tried to resolve this by removing all Xcode-related files as well as the Xcode command line tools and reinstalling them but to no avail.

I'd appreciate any and all help in how to fix this.

EDIT: I have since found out that if I force-quit the bird process, Xcode will react again. But the bird process will start up and shoot to the top of the % CPU l column in Activity Monitor again almost instantly. It appears to be iCloud-related but I don't know what's causing it to take up so much CPU resources and make Xcode unresponsive, and how I can fix this.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Eurydice Down vote post of Eurydice
1.9k views

Replies

Yeah! I have the same problem as the brother upstairs

Mac book pro 16-inch, 2019(intel) OS: 13.5 Beta (22G5038d) Xcode 14.2

Can you tell me what the reson is . Thanks!

• I can't tell you what the reason is but it resolved itself after a while for me. I'm assuming iCloud finished syncing something and some deadlock between Xcode and iCloud was lifted afterwards but I can't be sure.

Add a Comment

, @Eurydice I fix the problem by you proposal, I close the iCloud in System Settings, Xcode open project immediately as before.

You helped me a lot, Many Thanks!

Another option is to make the directory containing the project non-iCloud by naming it "{directory}.noSync". This worked for me.