Siri Shortcuts, Sonoma, iOS 17 "No Flexible Matching Assets"

We have an app that uses Siri Shortcuts in iOS 16. WWDC '23 announced more flexible shortcut phrase matching in iOS 17 when apps are built with Xcode 15 run on Sonoma. I've downloaded and installed (Xcode and Sonoma) and rebuilt the app. I've ensured that "APP_SHORTCUTS_ENABLE_FLEXIBLE_MATCHING = YES" in the Build Settings. Unfortunately the App Shortcuts Preview Window shows the following error when I click on my build "No Flexible Matching Assets - This target is for a platform which is not supported by Flexible Matching or does not have Flexible Matching enabled"

Other things I tried: I set our minimum deployment target to iOS 17 and built for an iOS 17 Simulator.

Any ideas on how to get flexible matching for shortcut phrases?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of C3PO_PDI Down vote post of C3PO_PDI
  • I'm getting the same issue. Clearing Derived Data didn't help either. It just doesn't work.

I also verified that my build logs show export APP_SHORTCUTS_ENABLE_FLEXIBLE_MATCHING\=YES also building w/ minimum version as iOS 17.

• @SellarsInMotion did you ever get this issue resolved? Are you able to test your AppShortcut phrases on a device? I can do neither and its driving me insane.

Add a Comment

Replies

Try to Clean Build Folder, then Build your app again.

I am having the same issue. Has anyone solved this?

I was able to solve it, but in a way that isn't useful for our purposes. If you set the minimum deployment target to iOS 17 it works. Unfortunately, we still need to support older iOS versions for many years to come.