iOS 17 beta: problem with transparency on website

Hello,

We're testing our app using iOS 17 beta to see if there's any problem, and we encountered an issue with an image rendered using HTML5 canvas having the alpha layer turning to white (See screenshot below) This happens not just our website but to other website as well. Both in UIWebView and Safari Browser.

Is this going to be fixed before the actual release of iOS 17? or do we have to tweak our code somewhere in order to fix this?

Thanks!

Regards, Byron Bautista

Replies

Please use the Feedback Assistant app that comes with iOS 17 Beta releases to file a feedback request about this issue, and post the "FB ID" here.

There seems to be a problem with all transparent png-images, they are rendered without alpha until interacted with. So the whole web is partially broken (even apple.com) so I think it will be fixed :)

I've filed a bug in the feedback assistant.

• Thanks! Please post the Feedback ID here as there's no way for me to find it otherwise.

• I am still waiting for the Feedback ID you created. I can't find it without that info.

• Even apple.com... OMG

same problem in png rendering.

found another problem but maybe relative, https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/13635904