Can't Create Storyboard Outlet

I am not able drag a reference object from a Storyboard screen to code in the Assistant. The expected blue line appears as the screenshot shows, but no code is created in the Assistant. This reference object is not in the Launch Screen. When the the screen this object is in is highlighted, the correct file opens in the Assistant. Dragging this object from the "Content View" folder also does not work, even though the blue line also appears.

I was recently able to do this. Something changed. What might have changed?

Accepted Reply

This problem is solved.

I first corrected all outstanding syntax errors in the project.

Then I right clicked on each user interface object in the screen, and in the black dialog that appears deleted all erroneous linkages to functions in the screen's controlling file that no longer exist. Each linkage has a little x icon in its upper right corner to do this with. There was also an out of date function name that happened because I had neglected to use refactor to rename it. So in the Assistant text edited (did NOT use the refactor function) to rename that function to the out of date name, and then used refactor to change that name to the currently intended name.

Replies

This problem is solved.

I first corrected all outstanding syntax errors in the project.

Then I right clicked on each user interface object in the screen, and in the black dialog that appears deleted all erroneous linkages to functions in the screen's controlling file that no longer exist. Each linkage has a little x icon in its upper right corner to do this with. There was also an out of date function name that happened because I had neglected to use refactor to rename it. So in the Assistant text edited (did NOT use the refactor function) to rename that function to the out of date name, and then used refactor to change that name to the currently intended name.