Please explain how to use MapProxy and MapReader

I suspect MapReader may open the door to effectively track annotation coordinates as they are being dragged in Map. Similar to existing capabiltiies in MKMapView. I see that MapProxy contains a function called coordinatesFrom.

Please provide a sample or any level of documentation that will explain how to properly instrument these with a Map.

Particulary how to take advantage of this new function in MapProxy. https://developer.apple.com/documentation/mapkit/mapproxy/4278697-converttocoordinate

Thank you

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of codimation Down vote post of codimation
Add a Comment

Replies

I thought the same, but it seems that the MapProxy is only useful to convert point into coordinates (plus other conversions).

I was hoping to get the current map zoom, orientation, rect, etc... when the user changes the map, but I haven't found any way, yet :(

• I just found an .onMapCameraChange(), I think it might have what I want :)

• Did you figure out how to instrument MapReader? If so please share your code! Thanks.

• I only needed to get an update about the map camera, so I don't know about dragging items around. I haven't seen anything useful for your need, yet.

Add a Comment