5G CBRS Private Network Support

I am trying to connect an iPad (iOS Beta 17.0 21A5268h) to our lab private 5G SA (Standalone) network. The network is in US and uses CBRS. Other (Android) phones and 5G devices are successfully connected to it. Per the article below, we have tried CBRS PLMN (315-010) and Test PLMN (999-99) without any success.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/deployment/depac6747317/web

Basic issues seems to be that the "5G Standalone" toggle on Cellular Data Options menu is greyed out with a message that says "Your current SIM does not support 5G Standalone. Contact your carrier for more information". Trying to choose our own network doesn't list our network (but lists other public 5G networks).

Same SIMs work on some Android phones and other 5G devices to connect to this network.

If you have successfully connected iPhone or iPad with 5G SA private network (not public carriers), some details/hints will be appreciated.

• Hello! Same issue here but with 999 01. Any luck in finding the solution?

Thanks!

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue. Did someone this grayout check out?

Same issue here

Did you ever resolve this I am also looking into the same issue and tried as you have done and also more as I can manipulate the SIM. Nothing is making any device support 5gSA.

I updated all the SUCI etc as that was also a requirement. I do think it's a SIM config issue, but I have no idea what IOS is reading to allow that function to be available. The USTs on the SIM I think are ok.