iCloud stuck on upload when sharing folders

Hello people,

I am currently experiencing a lot of disruption for the uploading of my files to the iCloud Drive. I have a folder that I share with some of my colleagues that contain some lectures notes and such, and I have two devices, a MacOS on the new Sonoma 14.0 Beta and an iPad on the 16.6 iPadOS. Recently the files started getting stuck upon upload and I think this started happening when I started sharing the folders with other people over iCloud.

I went through the internet multiple times to see if someone is having this problem and I willingly ran sudo killall bird hoping it would fix my issue, but sadly it didn't.

Would appreciate any support on this, I am aware this might have a potential relation with the Beta MacOS.

• I managed to fix the issue temporarily through Signing out completely from iCloud on my MacBook and Signing in back again. Of course this is not optimal and I lost a lot of non-synced files but it started working again properly for 2 days, and now it happened again that it got stuck trying to download and upload like the last picture.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Finally, I found the issue and it's a little bit weird, not related to the shared folders nor the wifi. And signing out from the iCloud and signing in back again is not feasible nor acceptable every now and then.

Solution: changing Low Power Mode to Never and it instantly started syncing again, worked like magic. Maybe something other than Never can also work, I had it on Only on Power Adapter.

Can't provide more details about this, maybe it's a Beta thing, but I will simply post this here maybe someone comes across the same issue I had and hope this helps. Cheers!

• Worked like a charm! Thanks. Signing in and out of iCloud is always anathematic. I had it on Never already, and I just toggled the options randomly.

Add a Comment

Replies

Finally, I found the issue and it's a little bit weird, not related to the shared folders nor the wifi. And signing out from the iCloud and signing in back again is not feasible nor acceptable every now and then.

Solution: changing Low Power Mode to Never and it instantly started syncing again, worked like magic. Maybe something other than Never can also work, I had it on Only on Power Adapter.

Can't provide more details about this, maybe it's a Beta thing, but I will simply post this here maybe someone comes across the same issue I had and hope this helps. Cheers!

• Worked like a charm! Thanks. Signing in and out of iCloud is always anathematic. I had it on Never already, and I just toggled the options randomly.

Add a Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue, set Low Power Mode to Never but the issue persists :(

Same experience here too. I feel this started since upgrading to MacOS 14. iCloud Drive used to be perfect, seamless and in the background. Now gets stuck on big files, glitchy, broken. I find logging in and out sometimes fixes the issue temporarily, but then it returns.