Apple Notification Center Services Read Authorization

Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but if you guys have answers it's much appreciated.

I have a BLE-enabled Arduino board that I want to use as a client to receive notifications from my iPhone 13 over ANCS. I can connect the board to the phone, connect to the service, and when checking characteristics all 3 that should be exposed are exposed; however, attempting to subscribe to any fails. All the ANCS docs say on this is:

So... how exactly do I authorize my Arduino to access these characteristics? Do I need to build an app to manipulate internal properties somehow? (There's a get-only variable in the CoreBluetooth docs that indicates this status, but no mention of how to set it - only that an authorization will set it to true.) I'm not receiving any authorization pop-up on my iPhone when this occurs, and it doesn't appear anyone else has had a similar problem - please advise!

• Ah, forgot to add. I can't connect from the iPhone to the Arduino when it's advertising, although it works from my laptop - the "Other Devices" section under "Bluetooth" in Settings keeps spinning forever. I have to connect through an app like nRF Connect, which might bypass the authorization pop-up. If this is indeed the case, how do I get my phone to connect to the Arduino, rather than the other way around?

Add a Comment