Title: Issues with NSExtensionMainStoryboard or NSExtensionPrincipalClass in Widget Extensions for iOS 14

I'm working on an app that has the following structure:

MyApp

MyWidgetExtension MyWatchKitApp -- MyWatchKitAppExtension ---- MyWatchKitAppWidgetExtension

Both MyWidgetExtension and MyWatchKitAppWidgetExtension were developed using a shared MyWidgetBundle defined as follows:

@main
struct MyWidgetBundle : WidgetBundle

However, I'm running into an issue when attempting to run this on devices with iOS 14. I get an error stating "App extensions must define either NSExtensionMainStoryboard or NSExtensionPrincipalClass keys in the NSExtension dictionary in their Info.plist."

Interestingly, if I remove MyWatchKitAppWidgetExtension, the app installs just fine. But, if I add NSExtensionPrincipalClass or NSExtensionMainStoryboard, when I try to distribute the app to TestFlight, I receive an error stating "Unexpected key NSExtensionPrincipalClass found in extension Info.plist".

I'm at a loss as to how to resolve this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions or insights?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of llmagicll Down vote post of llmagicll

Replies

same issue, do you find solution?

There's a similar thread here: https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/732892

It didn't help me. What happens to me is that if I define NSExtensionPrincipalClass, the organizer won't let me upload to AppStore because NSExtensionPrincipalClass is unexpected. If I remove NSExtensionPrincipalClass, TestFlight fails to install because NSExtensionPrincipalClass is missing...