CloudKit Stopped Syncing after adding a new Attribute

My App is in the App Store, and synced well between iOS devices with the same iCloud account. But after adding a new attribute to an entity 2 weeks ago, the CloudKit stopped syncing.

I checked the Cloudkit console, and can't find the new attribute there! I don't know Why. Actually this attribute already works well in the newest version of my App downloaded form App store.

Then I chose to deploy schema changes, but there are no changes to deploy!

So how to deploy the new change? and how to make the iCloud syncing work again?

Thanks!

Replies

Run your app in the Development environment. Then go into the CloudKit Dashboard, switch to Development environment and look for your new attribute there. Then if all is well, deploy it to the Production environment.

• Thank you, I did as you said, but nothing happened, There is not the new arttribute.

• It worked! I run my app in the simulator, and add some data for the attribute, and with the app running, go to the cloudkit console. I found the new attribute there! Thank you so much. Next, I will check if the syncing works again.

• Syncing works again!! You help me a lot! Thank you!

Add a Comment

Right! Just adding the attribute isn’t enough. You need to save data for the attribute. Please mark my response with the green acceptance.