Matter pairing without Matter client developer profile

To be able to paire a matter device on ios I need to installed on my iPhone the matter client developper profile as indicate on the apple documentation Adding Matter support to your ecosystem | Apple Developer Documentation (To test your app on the iOS or macOS device that initiates the pairing, download the developer profile now, then install it.)

When I do that it works perfectly. Otherwise the documentation says that the profile is only needed for development but when I want to use my app from the apple store (validate by Apple) and when I remove the profile it doesn't work anymore.

What do I have to do to paire Matter device on iphone without the Matter client developer profile.

• Hi I'm trying to add matter devices to Apple home, before the devices were adding fine. Now once the IOS is updated to 16.6 and homepod to 16.6 the devices aren't adding to home. Could you help me with this.

Add a Comment

Replies

Otherwise the documentation says that the profile is only needed for development

Please post a reference to the specific quote in the docs that you’re talking about here.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Add a Comment

Oh, you tagged this with Provisioning Profiles but you’re actually talking about Configuration Profiles. This is a common source of confusion. Normally I notice, and re-tag the question accordingly, but in this case I missed that subtlety.

Given the above, I’m not able to help you with this. I was hoping that this would be a provisioning profile issue, and I have a lot of experience with those, but it’s clearly a Matter issue, and that’s not a technology I support.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I don't understand : On android matter pairing we don't need a provisioning profile only in ios matter pairing. So this issue is an apple one not a matter one. This is why apple block the pairing that we need this kind of profile. Who from apple can help me with this issue please ?

Best regards

Nobody ?

Anyone ?

I'm facing the same problem. My App can pair Matter device perfectly after installing developer profile. And I release the app in Testflight, disable developer mode, remove developer profile, restart iPhone. Download the app from Testflight, still can't pair Matter device.

Any progress?

You should first use MatterSupport to commission your target matter device and make a matter extension target to get a new one payload then you use this payload to commission the device into your fabric.

• Matter Commission demo video : https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Nx421y7sa/

Add a Comment