Integrating SwiftUI with a Complex PHP & MySQL Database - Seeking Advice

I am working on an ambitious project where I need to integrate a complex database system written in PHP and MySQL with a SwiftUI app. The current system involves 78 tables with intricate connections, and I've attempted to map out the data using Vapor, but I found the task to be overwhelming.

My Attempts: Reverse Engineering: I tried to reverse engineer the database to understand its structure, but the sheer complexity has made it a challenging endeavor. Using Vapor: I hoped that Vapor might help me map out the data, but it turned out to be an impossible task due to the database's intricacies. What I Want to Achieve: I need to perform CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) operations on this existing PHP and MySQL database using a SwiftUI app.

My Questions: SwiftUI Integration: Should I build a SwiftUI app and then work on the integration? If so, what would be the best approach? Data Management: Would dumping the data into CloudKit or Firebase be a suitable step? Or are there better solutions that I might explore? Existing Tools or Libraries: Are there any tools or libraries that might simplify this task, considering the complexity of the existing system? I appreciate any insights or suggestions from those who have tackled similar challenges. Your expertise would be invaluable in guiding me through this project.

Thank you in advance!