Missing Desktop and Documents and Error 8072

Yesterday 8/31/23 around 2:00 pm I deleted documents from my iPhone - apparently I wasn't paying attention and it was deleted from iCloud Drive. I later was on my MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.5 and my desktop and folders are gone... I logged into iCloud and there is nothing under recently deleted. When I try to right click anywhere on the desktop I get The operation can't be completed a unexpected error occurred - error 8072. When I go into finder I try to click desktop or documents I get- The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Documents” can’t be found. The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “Desktop” can’t be found. I have gone into finder setting check - unchecked everything that I could from reading threads. I have started in safe mode I have run disk utility I logged out go Apple ID and back in... When I try to check the desktop and documents folder in settings it turns on and off quickly. I can turn it on through Settings general - storage. I am very frustrated and upset I did not ever choose permanently delete. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks - Kim

Replies

We appreciate your interest in participating in the forums! These forums are for questions about developing software and accessories for Apple platforms. Your question seems related to a consumer feature and is better suited for the Apple Support Communities