Error when attempt to Notarize a compiled python code

Hello,

I have a valid developer ID downloaded from Apple. I signed the code (compiled exe file for intel Macs) and put it into a ZIP, which I also signed. While signing I use timestamp and hardener option:

codesign -s "$LbaDevID" -o runtime -f --timestamp $conFile3

codesign -s "$LbaDevID" -o runtime -f --timestamp $conZip3

where variable $LbaDevID represent my Dev code id (VALID, downloaded from Apple after request cert; and $conFile3 the path to the exe file and $conZip3 the path to the ZIP (just $conFile3 zipped)

I attempt to notarize using the following command:

xcrun notarytool submit $compZip3 --keychain-profile "TestAppNotarz" --wait

the reply Log downloaded says: Invalid dev ID (which is valid) no timestamp... I corrected this error after the 1st attempt but the reply says exactly the same, even when I can see "TIMESTAMP" in the signature. The third and last error refers to the runtime, which is present but not being seen.

Any help on how to troubleshoot this issue will be highly appreciated!

Please point me to the relevant documentation to solve this issue...

Replies

I have a valid developer ID downloaded from Apple.

Is your screen shot supposed to support that claim? If so, you’ve misunderstood Apple’s various signing identities. An identity whose name is of the form Apple Developement: TTT, where TTT identities your team, is a development identity. You can’t use it for distribution. There are various different types of distribution identities but, in your case, where you’re shipping a command-line tool outside of the Mac App Store, you need a Developer ID code signing identity. This has a name like Developer ID Application: TTT.

IMPORTANT Developer ID signing identities are precious, and you should treat them with care. See The Care and Feeding of Developer ID.

For detailed info on how to manually sign and package Mac code, see:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"