Multipeer Connectivity between two iPads and bluetooth pairing between two iPads not working

I am writing to seek assistance with a persistent issue I am encountering with Bluetooth pairing and Multipeer Connectivity on two iPad devices ((Model: [iPad Pro (11 inch,2nd generation)] and Model: [iPad (6th generation)) and running iOS [iOS 16.6]

Issue Description:

Bluetooth Pairing Problem: I am unable to establish a Bluetooth connection between two iPad devices. Despite following the usual steps for pairing devices, such as enabling Bluetooth and ensuring both devices are discoverable, the pairing process is not successful. This issue prevents the devices from communicating over Bluetooth. But when I try to pair these two iPads with different iPhone , Bluetooth pairing is successful.

Multipeer Connectivity Issue: Additionally, due to the failed Bluetooth pairing, the Multipeer Connectivity framework on these devices is not functioning as expected. Multipeer Connectivity relies on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for nearby device discovery and communication. As a result, my application, which relies on this framework, is unable to establish connections between the two iPad devices.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

I have attempted the following steps to resolve these issues: • Restarted both iPad devices. • Network resetting also done. • Ensured that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices. • Checked for any potential sources of Bluetooth interference. • Verified that both devices are running the latest version of iOS [16.6 version]]. • Attempted to forget and re-establish the Bluetooth pairing.

Request for Assistance:

Despite these efforts, the issues persist. I kindly request your guidance and support in diagnosing and resolving the Bluetooth pairing problem and the subsequent Multipeer Connectivity issues. These functionalities are critical for my application's functionality, and I would greatly appreciate your expertise in resolving this matter. If any additional information or diagnostic data is required to assist with the troubleshooting process, please let me know, and I will provide it promptly.