Inquiry about Apple's "NearbyInteraction" and Related Patent US10486646B2

Inquiry about Apple's "NearbyInteraction" and Related Patent US10486646B2

Hello,

I have questions about Apple's publicly disclosed accessory 'NearbyInteraction' and the associated Apple patent US10486646B2.

I understand that pairing is required when using "NearbyInteraction" in the background. However, employing pairing with NearbyInteraction might potentially infringe upon the patent US10486646B2.

Could you please clarify whether Apple has implemented any of the following measures, or if there is another strategy or policy in place?

No patent licensing agreements exist, and sales of products using UWB in the background by third parties are not permitted. When using NearbyInteraction, patent infringement isn't a concern, and systems using NearbyInteraction aren't considered to infringe upon the patent US10486646B2. It's necessary to apply for a patent licensing agreement. I apologize for any inconvenience, and I would be grateful for a response. Also, if there's a need for any application or process, could you please guide me on how to proceed? Thank you for your attention to this matter.