Unable to Run Profile Instruments

I just downloaded Xcode 15 RC and iOS 17 RC on an iPhone Xr. When running the app it seems to run fine however when trying to run in profile mode I get the error:

Failed to install embedded profile for com...* : 0xe800801f (Attempted to install a Beta profile without the proper entitlement.) Verify that the Developer App certificate for your account is trusted on your device. Open Settings on the device and navigate to General -> VPN & Device Management, then select your Developer App certificate to trust it.

Does anyone have any insight into what the issue may be? There is nothing to select within VPN & Device Management when I navigate there

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ukor_navi Down vote post of ukor_navi
5.5k views
  • Why there is no fix still yet? I'm facing this so many times. so disappointed 😞

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same problem. My phone is also an iPhone Xr. iOS 17.0.2 Xcode 15.0

• Manual Codesigning
  • Provision Profile is selected
  • iPhone is connect with a cable

Build and Run from Xcode on the iPhone works Build and install via Xcode Cloud and TestFlight is working

But when I want to debug with instruments on the iPhone I am getting the same error message. There is also no selection on the VPN & Device Management screen.

• i am encountering the same issue. Have you discovered any potential solutions or workaround??

Add a Comment

Same here. I've got an iPhone 13 Pro Max and I'm trying to run the app on my phone to make sure that a geo location bug is correctly fixed (on the simulator it works fine). I'm using XCode v15, iOS v17 and MacOS v14. I've tried both Manual and Automatic Codesigning, the build succeeds but installing in the device fails. I also trying to manually install the personal developer certificate and the team certificate on my device and now they appear on the VPN & Device Management screen but the problem persists.

In the meantime I am able to create a build and release it in the App Store, that works fine!

I get this error too.

The app installs on the phone, but because of the error I can't debug on the phone...

Having this issue as well

Found the solution to this!

• run instruments from Xcode > Open Developer Tool > Instruments
  • select your iPhone device from the target menu in the top left of the instruments view
  • tap record to start a session
  • you may have to manually launch the app on your device, but you should see you processes start to appear

Note: there seems to be a little delay in rendering the process graphs, which is to be expected

I get this error too.

I found with I want run release mode flutter to real device. I'm using Xcode 15 and iphone12. In menu General -> VPN & Device Management don't have anything to press trust!

Same issue here. I also have the issue in a Azure Pipeline now.

Same issue Xcode 15.1 and iPhone 12 (iOS 17.2)

same issue 😭

same issue :(

same here :( :( :(

how to fix that? so weird issue

same. I could debug on iPhoneSE2 but after update to iOS 17.