BLE Cycling Power Service for Watch Workout

Hi,

I have an app that implements the Cycling Power Service 1.1, https://www.bluetooth.com/de/specifications/specs/cycling-power-service-1-1/

As expected, I can select this app as a Health Device in the Bluetooth settings of my Apple Watch.

However, when I run the BLE app on the paired iPhone, the Apple Watch does not detect the BLE Service as a Health Device!

Is this a bug, or is it designed this way? If so, is there another API where I can send power meter data from iOS to a running Watch Workout?

Replies

I am not sure I understand the issue. You say you see the app as a Health Device on the watch. What are the conditions that this doesn't work and the watch does not detect the app as a Health Device? Are you saying this problem is only happening on the paired phone? Please elaborate.

Hi, Yes it is like this. If i run the Bluetooth Service on the paired phone it does not show up as Health Device.

So condition is running the app with BLE Cycling Power Service 1.1 on paired Phone -> Do NOT show up as Health Device on Watch

Running App with BLE Cycling Power Service 1.1 on any other iOS Device -> DO show up as Health Device.

Thanks