QuickLook broken

QuickLook broken on iOS17, does not open reality file.

Replies

Good evening, @lalit1994:

I'm experiencing this same issue under iOS 17.0.3 running on an iPad (9th generation), trying to visualize .reality files created with Reality Composer app on iOS 16.5.1 running on an iPad (8th generation).

Any success solving it?

Thanks for your time. __ P.S. By the way, the contents are visualized on iOS 17.0.3, if we eliminate the property rel="ar", but then an extra (not desired) step is show to the user, where a second auto-created poster is shown in order to click it an access the RA experience.__

Only as an extended info on this issue. after carrying on several tests, I see that hosting the "CosmonautSuit_en.reality" example from Apple (https://developer.apple.com/augmented-reality/quick-look/) in my server, the same "Object requires a newer version of iOS." is shown on screen. That is an Apple's generated and so perfectly formed .reality file, so it leads me to think that the problem might be related to something in my hosting server.

Perhaps, something related with security specification for the hosting server that has been changed on iOS17 (but not on previous versions of Safari). I'm saying here "extra" because I have at the moment a valid SSL/TLS certificate, so I wonder if HSTS would be also necessary.

In parallel, the direct access to the .reality file (typing its URL in the address box of Safari) do work, and you can access the AR experience, when clicking the on-the-fly poster generated by Quick Look AR (QLAR). Also, not specifying the rel="ar" attribute in the anchor tag makes the trick, and again after showing the on-the-fly generated poster, you are transported to the AR by clicking it down.

Thanks for your time.