In-App Purchases Entitlement Key????

Hello,

What is the key for In-App Purchases entitlement I can add to my app.entitlements file in my project, so that I can autonomously enable the In-App Purchase capability?

I have searched far a wide for this, however, it's unclear where it can be located. I know I can enable this capability manually by opening Xcode -> Selecting the "Signing & Capabilities" tab -> selecting "+ Capability" -> selecting "In-App Purchase" capability.

However, this is not really an ideal solution for adding the capability to my app, especially when automated processes for building, testing, distributing via CI/CD are integrated. It would beneficial to be able to reference some documentation or resources for enabling capabilities (or any other build settings) autonomously in a project as opposed to having to manually click my way through enabling them.

Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks!

Replies

There is no in-app purchase entitlement key. In-app purchase is available to all apps that have a registered App ID, that is, that don’t use a wildcard provisioning profile.

Try this:

1. In Xcode, create a new app from the iOS > App template, choosing a bundle ID that you’ve not used before.

2. Select a device as your destination.

3. Build it.

4. In Signing & Capabilities, click on the info (i) button next to the Provisioning Profile.

5. Look at the App ID field in the popover. It’ll end with a .*, indicating a wildcard.

6. Now add the in-App Purchase capability.

7. And repeat steps 4 and 5. This time the profile will be for a specific App ID, one registered based on the bundle ID you chose in step 1.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi @eskimo  - thank you for getting back to me, and apologies for just now getting back to you.

I will be continuing this conversation via email as I would like to send screenshots and I'm not sure what might be considered sensitive information, if any.

I’ve explained this to coltkenn directly but I want to follow-up here for those reading along at home…

I’m not able to provide one-on-one support via email. If you’re not able to find an answer here on DevForums, I recommend that you seek formal support by opening a DTS tech support incident. Also, check out Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips, which has a bunch of hints and tips related to this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"