Add icon to DEXT based on AudioDriverKit

Dear Sirs,

I'd like to add an icon to my audio driver based on AudioDriverKit. This icon should show up left of my audio device in the audio devices dialog. For an Audio Server Plugin I managed to do this using the property kAudioDevicePropertyIcon and CFBundleCopyResourceURL(...) but how would you do this with AudioDriverKit? Should I use IOUserAudioCustomProperty or IOUserAudioControl and how would I refer to the Bundle? Is there an example available somewhere?

Thanks and best regards, Johannes

Replies

Can you file a request using Feedback Assistant? And please post the FB number in this thread?

OK, the Feedback number is FB13209186

The IOUserAudioDevice::SetTransportType() function is what generally sets that icon for your device.

Thanks - but that doesn't seem to support custom icons like a company logo etc. but only selecting one of the predefined type values which in turn probably results in a system predefined icon. Using kAudioDevicePropertyIcon in Audio Server Plugins supports the usage of custom icons located inside my resource bundle. How could this be achieved in a dext based on AudioDriverKit?

Meanwhile I found a solution that I get at least compiled and that doesn’t crash. I’m using IOUserAudioCustomProperty to add an icon property but the icon still doesn’t appear. In the console I’m seeing this output, which makes me think I’m not completely wrong with this approach.

standard 17:47:07.554960+0200 Audio MIDI Setup HALC_ProxyObject.cpp:881 HALC_ProxyObject::GetPropertyData ('icon', 'glob', 0, DCFURL): got an error from the server, 0x77686174

fehler 17:47:07.554982+0200 Audio MIDI Setup HALC_ShellObject.mm:449 HALC_ShellObject::GetPropertyData: call to the proxy failed, Error: 2003329396 (what)

fehler 17:47:07.554996+0200 Audio MIDI Setup HALPlugIn.cpp:295 HALPlugIn::ObjectGetPropertyData: got an error from the plug-in routine, Error: 2003329396 (what)

fehler 17:47:07.555026+0200 Audio MIDI Setup CAHALAudioObject::GetPropertyData: got an error getting the property data, Error: 2003329396 (what)

Do you have any idea how can I set the correct DCFURL for my icon which is inside my dexts resources?