How do I ask the compiler to ignore strings from External frameworks?

When the "Use compiler to Extract Swift Strings" is set to true, it extracts strings from the frameworks i have imported as well. How can i avoid this?

Accepted Reply

Hello,

When "Use compiler to Extract Swift Strings" is enabled, Xcode will extract strings from all of the targets in your project or workspace. If the frameworks you are importing are targets within your project or workspace, this is expected behavior. You can disable extraction per-target via the "Localization Export Supported" build setting.

If the frameworks you are importing are not a part of your project or workspace, and this is still happening, please file a feedback report with detailed project setup information, or a sample project that reproduces the issue.

Thanks!

Replies

Hello,

When "Use compiler to Extract Swift Strings" is enabled, Xcode will extract strings from all of the targets in your project or workspace. If the frameworks you are importing are targets within your project or workspace, this is expected behavior. You can disable extraction per-target via the "Localization Export Supported" build setting.

If the frameworks you are importing are not a part of your project or workspace, and this is still happening, please file a feedback report with detailed project setup information, or a sample project that reproduces the issue.

Thanks!