Facetime Chroma Green - Accessibility Lens

xI'm wondering if now would be an excellent time for Apple to consider implementing Accessibility Lens with FaceTime Chroma Green. Unlike Apple, other platforms like Zoom and Webex allow using Chroma Green backgrounds. I use Cam Studio, Elgato Camera Hub, and OBS for Chroma Green effects. I'd like to have the option to use FaceTime with a Chroma Green and choose my background setting. For accessibility and professionalism, we need the ability to change the background settings. We want to be creative with our FaceTime and FaceTime Group. We've invested much in our devices, including iPhones, iPads, and MacBook Pros.

The issue stems from Apple's built-in applications using hardened runtimes. These runtimes prevent apps from loading third-party plugins unless explicitly allowed by the developers. This means third-party camera drivers are incompatible with Apple apps. We're trying to find a solution, but currently, there's nothing we can do. This is a barrier for all of us who are Deaf, Deaf-Blind, and Hard of Hearing and rely on FaceTime and FaceTime Group with Chroma Green background settings. Please let me know. Thank you!

Replies

Hello, thanks for taking the time to write about this! Please take a few extra minutes and paste this issue into a feedback enhancement report so we can confirm this is tracked in our internal system for requests. You can file the feedback here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/