XCode 15 - iOS 17 - Expo 49: Can't Deploy React Native App

So I've been working on a React Native App recently using Expo. Before the official release of XCode 15 and iOS 17, I had a janky workaround where I would archive the app in XCode 15 and then deploy it in XCode 14. Or maybe it was the other way around.

But now I can't find any way to deploy my IPA to my iPhone for local testing. The app runs just fine when running locally. The steps that I'm currently going through are as follows:

1. npx expo prebuild --platform ios --clean
  2. npx pod-install
  3. Open the [App].xcworkspace (XCode 15)
  4. Choose my signing team (Why do I have to do this every time?)
  5. Menu > Product > Archive (Succeeds!)
  6. Open the Organizer (Windows > Organizer)
  7. Run Validate (Just because I'd expect this to catch any errors) (Succeeds!)
  8. Distribute App > Debugging (I've tried Release Testing too)
  9. Open Devices
  10. My iPhone > Installed Apps > + > (The new build's IPA)

And the output is always some variant pretty close to what's copied below. I'm sort of at my wits end here. Anyone got any insight or advice? Thanks!

Error installing  '/Users/[path]/app.ipa', ERROR: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3002 "Failed to install the app on the device." UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Users/[path]/[App].ipa, NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to install the app on the device., NSUnderlyingError=0x60000e28aaf0 {Error Domain=com.apple.dt.CoreDeviceError Code=3000 "The item at [App].ipa is not a valid bundle." UserInfo={NSURL=file:///[Path]/[App].ipa, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to read the bundle., NSLocalizedDescription=The item at [App].ipa is not a valid bundle.}}}

Replies

did you manage to fix it? I'm facing the same issue