Not Receiving VOIP Push Token In Time

I have created VOIP IOS app in Xamarin, I have registered pushkit in the AppDelegate's didFinishLaunchingWithOptions and have implmented PKPushRegistryDelegate's didReceiveIncomingPushWithPayload:forType:withCompletionHandler and immediately report to call kit and invoke the completion handler. However whenever I receive a VOIP push after device boot I get these console logs:

default	15:24:32.153522-0400	callservicesd	Invalidating process assertion for bundle ID <private> from timeout

error	15:24:32.154786-0400	callservicesd	Killing VoIP app <private> because it failed to post an incoming call in time.

It kills my app BEFORE I have a chance to report it to call kit since it DOESN'T enter the didReceiveIncomingPushWithPayload:forType:withCompletionHandler.

However if I wait 2+ minutes after device boot to send a VOIP APN Push I will receive the VOIP push, it will enter didReceiveIncomingPushWithPayload:forType:withCompletionHandler and report it to call kit just fine.

I don't understand why this is the case and how to fix it. I have been told to make the app just like What's App so my app must be able to receive incoming voip push at any point the device is on.

Is this an issue with the device? I have been testing on a iPhone 7 Plus on version 15.7.1. Is this a internet connection issue? Could it be something else?

Is there an explanation for this behavior and is there any solutions?

Thank you very much

Replies

I am also facing the same issue in one of my apps, were you able to identify why this was happening, any help would be appreciated, thanks