Combine Master-Detail View and Tab View in iPad

Hello,

I want to create a UI in which there are 4 main tabs representing individual views/screen (Just like the one in AppStore app). Now for some of the screens, I want to show the content of it using Master-Detail view - Just like iPad Messaging app where message list is in the master view and chatting is in the detail view.

The TabView must remain visible to the users to navigate through all 4 views/screens.

To show both, TabView and Master-Detail view, in one screen, I get to see 2 options.

1. Show the TabView in MasterView section.

• In my opinion, this option is fundamentally a malpractice in perspective of UX. Because TabView is representation of shortcut of all 4 screens and user will use them to navigate through different screens, we must not restrict TabView in any other view. TabView must be placed at the top most hierarchy of the application.
  2. Keep the TabView in the top-most hierarchy and show in full width like it is shown in the AppStore app, and when user taps of any of the tab, the view that appears would have the Master-Detail View.

• Now in this one, I have concern of me manipulating the concept of Layout designs and worse UX.

I am looking for the right way to implement such functionality with a good and UI/UX.

Thank you.