How to exclude files and paths for Swift-DocC compilation process?

Intro

I have a framework A and its dependency B. I wrote some documentation using DocC syntax for only framework A and would like to compile documentation for only this framework using Xcode and doing the following steps:

1. Choose a right scheme of framework A
  2. ProductBuild Documentation (⌃ ⇧ ⌘ D)

Expected

A generated documentation for only framework A.

In fact

It tries to compile a doc not only for framework A but for dependency B as well.

Problem

Unknown reason of failure. It happens because Xcode tries to create a doc for dependency B as well.

Questions

1. Is there any way to configure the process of building a doc excluding unnecessary files and paths?
  2. If 1st question yes, so where and how?
  3. Does a selected scheme affect on DocC compiler process at all? Or the compiler tries to handle all sources he has within .xcworkspace including all .xcodeproj and their dependencies inside workspace?

Details

FYI

Software:Version:
Xcode15.0
Swift5.9
Dependency B (Realm)10.43.1

All the best,

Ivan.

P.S. I'd been happy to see support Markdown's tables here with more rich visual experience.

Accepted Reply

Your post reads like a bug report, but DevForums isn’t the right place for bug reports. Rather, you should file this with Feedback Assistant. See Bug Reporting: How and Why? for more on that.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

I'd been happy to see support Markdown's tables here with more rich visual experience.

Have you seen the grid-based layout stuff that we announced at WWDC 2023 Session 10244 Create rich documentation with Swift-DocC?

If you need something beyond that, I encourage you to engage with the DocC open source effort over on Swift Forums.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

As far as I got, I need a clean framework without any dependencies. In this case, DocC compilation works.

Your post reads like a bug report, but DevForums isn’t the right place for bug reports. Rather, you should file this with Feedback Assistant. See Bug Reporting: How and Why? for more on that.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

I'd been happy to see support Markdown's tables here with more rich visual experience.

Have you seen the grid-based layout stuff that we announced at WWDC 2023 Session 10244 Create rich documentation with Swift-DocC?

If you need something beyond that, I encourage you to engage with the DocC open source effort over on Swift Forums.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

@eskimo It makes sense. Thank you for your reply! I will definitely do it.