CloudKit Console - Internal Error during Query Records

Issue:

I'm experiencing intermittent CloudKit Console 'Internal Error' when performing simple queries on a Private database.

I am experiencing this issue with multiple CloudKit databases.

In all instances, the issue is intermittent.

Steps to Replicate in the CloudKit Console:

1. Select a Database
  1. Select Records
  2. Select Private Database
  3. Select Custom Zone
  4. Select Record Type
  5. Select Query Records

IF the records populate, click 'Query Records' again until Internal Error occurs.

Expected Results: A list of records Actual Results: 'Internal Error' (see screenshot below)

Additional Info:

Starting last month, I started receiving CKCloudKit Error 15 when attempting to sync data from a private CloudKit database. My query code has not changed for a few years now with no previous issues. I believe these errors are the 'same' and on the Apple Server side. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ibdakine Down vote post of ibdakine

Replies

I can't get the private database zones to load. In the Records it will show: “Failed to load zones,Click here to retry”

When I click on Zones, it will show: Error code: REMOTE_CALL_INTERNAL_ERROR

Something like this has happened before. But back then, “Act as iCloud Account”, Then it works fine.

• Interesting... my issue is a bit different because the record queries work for me about 80% of the time. There seems to be an "internal error" about 10-20% of the time without using the iCloud Account button. Thank you for the response though!

Add a Comment

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems using CloudKit. Could you please create a feedback https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with more details (including the container id, record type, and ideally the request uuid) and post the id here, so we can follow-up on this issue.

• Thank you for the response! I somehow missed your comment until just now. FB13209577. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

• @Developer Tools Engineer Just wanted to check back in because I’m still experiencing the issue. Any updates on your end would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• @Developer Tools Engineer : I'm still getting internal errors using the CloudKit Console, this time when simply selecting "Rest Environment".

Add a Comment

Hi, @Developer Tools Engineer

Some of my users have encountered issues related to CloudKit in the past week, including myself frequently encountering CKError.Code.serviceUnavailable. The tricky part is that some devices will encounter data inconsistency issues, with no errors reported, making it very difficult to debug. (It seems that records created by another device cannot be queried through CKQuery, not 100% confirmed.)

At present, I can only provide this information, but I can confirm that there have been some new issues with CloudKit's service in the past week. I don't know if it's useful to submit a FB in this situation. Do you have any suggestions?

• Thanks @Gong for the information. You can use the Database Telemetry app in CloudKit Console to see if there has been any changes in the number of errors recently. If you see a spike in the number of errors, or more users are facing issues, please file a feedback with your container ID and we can have a look. Any more information, like database type, operation type, error code and uuid of failing requests would be very helpful.

• @Developer Tools Engineer Thank you for providing useful suggestions! I found that the occurrence of NOT_FOUND errors in October is 10 times that of the past. And the logs collected on user devices also show a relation to CKError.Code.unknownItem. I also observed that CKFetchSubscriptionsOperation would return an internal CKPrettyError (not a CKError), which should also be a problem. I will submit a FB after further research.

Add a Comment