UIPrinter, "contactPrinter" method returns TRUE in iOS 17 even if iPad not connected to the same network as the printer

Environment→ ・Device: iPad 9th generation ・OS:iPadOS17.1、iPadOS16.6 ・Printer model:EPSON PX-S730

What I want→ I want to determine whether the printer and iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Current issues→ When I run the below code on an iOS17 iPad, contactPrinter() becomes true even though you are not connected to the same network as the printer.

Problem Description→ I want to pass the URL of the printer that I have set in advance and print directly from the device to the printer. So in iOS 16 when i execute the below code, without connecting to the same network as printer, return value of the "contactPrinter" method is FALSE. once i update to iOS 17 and ran the same code with the same conditions(iPad and printer not connected to same network), return value becomes TRUE. [I'm using "contactPrinter" method because after update to iOS 17 i was able to successfully launch a print job even if your device isn't connected to the same network as your printer.But in iOS 16 it return as an Error.]

Is this a bug in iOS 17? Or is the method used incorrectly?

Test code:

let printer = UIPrinter(url: URL(string: "printer url")!)
printer.contactPrinter { (available) -> Void in
    if (available) {  // iOS17.1:true, iOS16.6:false
    print("connected to printer")
        printController.print(to: printer, completionHandler: printCompletionHandler)
    } else {
    print("not connected to printer")
    }
}