CarPlay Simulator for Xcode 13.4 not working

Hi, I installed a few versions of Additional Tools for Xcode. I was interested the most in the CarPlay Simulator. I installed the Tools for Xcode 15 - they do not work because of my version of macOS (11.7.4). So I went with the earliest and the latest version of those tools for Xcode 14. They didn't work because I have an Intel machine. I tried the earliest ones for Xcode 13 - they didn't work but I assumed that it could be something to do with the Beta version of the CarPlay Sim (labeled as Beta). I installed the latest version for Xcode 13, labeled as for Xcode 13.4. I tried 3 different devices. iPhone 11 running iOS 17.0.2, iPhone 6s running a version of iOS 15 and an iPhone 13 running some version of iOS 16. All 3 of them connect normally to a CarPlay equipped infotainment system (Discover Media, MIB 3 in a 2021 Volkswagen Caddy). The phones connect to the car both wired and wireless flawlessly, but I cannot connect them to the carplay sim. None devices run any non-finished, unreleased app. The CarPlay Sim recognizes all 3, but in the devices tab the dot is red. I tried turning off personal hotspot, clicking the device name in the devices tab, multiple lightning cables and multiple versions of the CarPlay Simulator. Nothing will work, all 3 phones show "Accesory Not Supported - Your phone does not support this accesory". All cables are MFI certified. All of them are USB-A because my computer is pre-USB-C era. What can possibly be wrong, what can I do?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Borubar111 Down vote post of Borubar111