Issues with installing Tensorflow on M1 MacBook Pro

I have been following the instructions here: https://developer.apple.com/metal/tensorflow-plugin/

I manage to execute step 1 set up the environment, step 2 install base Tensorflow but when I try to execute step 3 Install tensorflow-metal plug-in with the line "python -m pip install tensorflow-metal", I get the following messages:

"ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow-metal (from versions: none) ERROR: No matching distribution found for tensorflow-metal"

What am I missing here?

So the code used are as follows:

Step 1

python3 -m venv ~/venv-metal source ~/venv-metal/bin/activate python -m pip install -U pip

Step 2

python -m pip install tensorflow

Step 3

python -m pip install tensorflow-metal

Replies

Same issue here I'm afraid. M1 Macbook Pro, MacOS Sonoma 14.

...and I've figured it out...

I had an older version of Anaconda installed. Had some troubles with it (talking about an inconsistent environment). Resolved those by installing the latest version from their website. Once I'd done that (and run conda update --all), I created my TensorFlow environment again. At which point I found myself wondering if this would work, and it did. Maybe your issue is entirely unrelated, but that's what fixed it for me.