AXSERVER

Can someone tell me what this is: com.apple.axserver and requestor = universalaccess[417],

I'm trying to stop this I get 1000's per one minute:

023-11-21 20:49:20.763528 (gui/501 [100003]) <Warning>: failed lookup: name = com.apple.axserver, handle = 1400, flags = 0x3, requestor = universalaccess[417], error = 3: No such process

I tried to find tags that relate but the tags window is so tiny that I cannot remember what I scrolled...... Also what about people who don't know how to associate a tag with their needs?

Thank you, Dave

Replies

Is this related to an app you’re developing?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Same here, launchd.log is flooded with lines like this...

Also seeing this in /private/var/log/com.apple.xpc.launchd/launchd.log logs. It's contributing a truly excessive amount of disk writes from the launchd process. 300GB of data written by the process in the 5 days my computer has been running.

Not sure about op but it's not related to an app I'm developing, though I noticed it in the logs while developing. I wasn't positive it wasn't my apps fault until I came across this post.

my sw_vers:

ProductName:		macOS
ProductVersion:		14.1
BuildVersion:		23B2073

Honestly I don't know, but I did notice that if I close Chrome, they appear to stop. I tried to discern whether it was related to being on the dev pages, and being logged in (or not) but I couldn't quite nail it down. After awhile I gave up - but just thought I'd mention that it seems related to Chrome (Big Brother is watching you). Also, I get a lot of apple.mdworker messages (so annoying!). Apparently they are related to SpotLight (file searcher app). Your mileage may vary.

• Erhh...spoke to soon. For me it seems to happen when switching App focus - it wasn't just chrome.

Add a Comment