Exploring Time-Based Activation Predicates in Declarative Device Management (DDM)

Hello Apple Community,

I've been delving into the realm of time-based activation predicates through DDM. In my recent pursuits, I've been experimenting with the device's local time to evaluate a predicate expression and apply activation configurations. Is it possible to achieve this?

Our DDM currently leverages device status items and server management properties to activate predicates. These predicates come to life when the logic becomes true, initiating activations seamlessly. While the Apple Predicate Guide provides a solid foundation, I've encountered some challenges when it comes to time-based expressions. The guide covers basics such as context and numerical-based predicates, but I find myself seeking more clarity on implementing time-based logic effectively.

If any of you have insights, tips, or experiences to share regarding time-based activation predicates expressions in declarative device management, your input would be immensely valuable. I'm particularly interested in understanding practical approaches and gaining a deeper comprehension of the nuances involved.

Thank you in advance.

Replies

Use Case: Some configurations are applied when the device reaches nonworking days/hours (With specified date and time).

If we achieve via management properties in DDM, each time we modify the management configuration, we need to resync the changes in declarative management. Are there any activation predicate expressions to handle this case? Is there a default Predicate method/Expression to fetch a device's local date and time, followed by an activation predicate to evaluate and apply a set of configurations?

If there are any other feasible ways, it would be really helpful.

There are currently no time-based predicate expressions available. Please file a feature request on feedback.apple.com.