Microphone not working in iOS simulators under macos Sonoma 14.1.2

Hello,

I am trying to test a speech to text feature in several iPhone simulators, but microphones don't seem to work.

The microphone and speech recognition permissions are correctly asked for the feature. My internal and external microphones are detected in I/O options in simulators. But nothing happens when I launch the recognition. The recognition doesn't work also for speech to text in native messages keyboard or Siri. This problem is the same for all the simulators so I believe the issue is about Xcode permissions not accessing microphone.

In my settings > Privacy & Security > Microphone : can't see Xcode

(Considering an other issue, I can't see Xcode Source Editor in Extensions as well)

I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall Xcode.

I use Xcode 15.0.1 under Sonoma 14.1.2.

Any help is welcome.

Replies

I am seeing the same issue on the watchOS simulators (9.x & 10.x), Sonoma 14.1.1, XCode 15.0.1 When using:

KExtension.shared().visibleInterfaceController?.presentTextInputController()

Dictation was working previously using the watchOS simulator, but, I am not exactly sure when it stopped working, e.g., which updates may be causing the issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

• FYI: no issues with dictation for our [custom] watch app on watch device, it's only on the watch simulator. Is anyone else seeing this issue with apps they are developing for the watch when using watch simulators? Again, dictation in watch simulator was working fine in the last few months, but, appears to no longer work.

Add a Comment

After updating from Sonoma 14.0 to 14.2 and from XCode 15.0 to XCode 15.1, audio input not working with the Simulator's. Since both updates were applied simultaneously, it's challenging to pinpoint the exact source of the issue.

Both built-in and external microphones are not functioning correctly in the Simulator environment.

This issue affects features like Siri and dictation as well.

• Same here did you find a solution?

Add a Comment