Notarytool failed to authenticate

Hi Guys, I am facing a problem I find difficult to debug.

I had a company Apple ID, member of team, that I used for notaryzation of an app via:

res=$(xcrun notarytool submit ${file_to_notarize} --apple-id stepan.svoboda@memsource.com --password ${password} --team-id PK8H4S4HPF --wait 2>&1)

But I will be leaving the company soon so we created new apple ID. desktop@phrase.com We invited this ID to team. And assigned it admin role.

I generated app specific password and I am using it with this new apple ID

But then running:

res=$(xcrun notarytool submit ${file_to_notarize} --apple-id desktop@phrase.com --password ${password} --team-id PK8H4S4HPF --wait 2>&1)

Fails with:

Error: HTTP status code: 401. Unable to authenticate. Invalid session. Ensure that all authentication arguments are correct.

And I run out of ideas what to check, what could be wrong.

Replies

Try using the store-credentials subcommand of notarytool to authenticate. It’s an interactive process, so it might offer some insight into what’s going wrong.

Note I’m not suggesting that you change your ultimate process. You may or may not want to do that, independent of this issue. For the moment, however, this is just a diagnostic test.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Tried that.

But that does not seem to offer any more insight. Only

Error: HTTP status code: 401. Unable to authenticate. Invalid session. Ensure that all authentication arguments are correct.

Is there something like forbidden domains?

I would expect something like "Apple ID not part of team..." Or "invalid password for apple ID" Or "nonexistent Apple ID".

Some kind of error that could help understand what is going wrong.

Add a Comment