UIDocumentPickerViewController with type .folder won't give access to files inside selected folder

Hi, I followed the instructions here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/view_controllers/providing_access_to_directories

but when trying to get access to each file inside the selected folder (tried iCloud and iPhone) it always fails. Instead, if I specify a type of file on the Controller (say .audio) I can read the file fine...

Did anything change which is not documented in that page? Do I have to set any other permission or capability? (I have iCloud Documents)

Thanks!!

Replies

have your tried .directory ? Maybe could also be how you handle the documentPicker(_ controller: UIDocumentPickerViewController, didPickDocumentsAt urls: [URL]) cos iCloud likes to append extensions onto the expected files. I can't recall top of my head how exactly but .png would change yo something like .png.icloud

.directory doesn’t let me select folders. The picker only shows a cancel button. The urls seem ok and if I configure the picker to select files I can access them. It seems like a change from when the apple document was written because I’m only getting access to the selected folder and it’s file list.… thanks!!