[Support/Advise plz] High LocationAccuracy in Background but Low/Minimum in Terminated - possible?

Hello Community,

Need your help/guidance please. Seeking LocationServices experts who can advise me whether my idea for a valuable add-on feature that I've been trying to add into my app for 2+ months is achievable or not given LocationServices limitations.

The Feature: to enable users who would like to be automatically notified whenever they're within X meters from a store that provides them an exclusive discount BUT only when they choose to be notified. Instruction to enjoy the feature is by keeping app open in 'background state' (means opened and kept in background) but not when app is terminated state (completely closed).

The state is important because I would like to give users the choice to only receive notifications when they choose to instead of all-time. That is to eliminate unnecessary power consumption fetching location updates constantly when user don't need them (example staying at home, at work, etc), but give them option when they go out.

Ideal scenario (after opting in to enable 'Always'): user launches the app, keeps in background, go out shopping/dining/etc and enjoy convenience of being automatically notified whenever about Xmeters from a place that they have an exclusive offer for.

Implemented conditions:

1. API is called at fixed time interval whenever user is within about 10 meters from their last location, that is to limit checking only when there is certainty user is within the same place for sometime instead of just walking by (this currently works perfectly, using AccuracyBest),

2. the challenge when user terminates app, LocationServices wakes up again and continues to fetch location updates constantly.

The Ask: Is it technically possible that I configure app LocationServices to not wake-up with [AccuracyBest] when terminated but instead use only reduced accuracy (like 'significant location updates' or on 'AccuracyOne/ThreeKilometer')?

Ideas/suggestions/recommendations would be much much appreciated